Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Allplaynews.com
    • News
    • Sport
    • Animal
    • Babies
    • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Car
    • Golf
    • Military
    Allplaynews.com
    Sport

    LIV Golf star speaks out after suddenly being disqualified from Open qualifying

    tl-team03/07/2025
    Facebook Twitter Copy Link

    Sam Horsfield was disqualified from an Open Championship qualifying event on Tuesday and the LIV Golf star has since spoken out about his round at the West Lancashire course

    Sam Horsfield missed out on a place at the Open Championship(Image: Al Chang/ISI Photos/ISI Photos via Getty Images)

    LIV Golf star Sam Horsfield has reacted after failing to qualify for the Open Championship. The 28-year-old competed in a qualifying event at West Lancashire golf course on Tuesday but was disqualified.

    The tournament was one of four qualifying events as golfers attempted to secure their place at the major. Horsfield failed to qualify for the Open Championship after walking off the course on seven-over-par after nine holes following three consecutive double-bogeys.

    However, the LIV golfer was technically disqualified after failing to notify tournament officials. Horsfield has since explained that his travel from the recent LIV Dallas event led to his struggles in qualifying.

    “So I flew back home Sunday night and landed into Heathrow at 4pm,” he wrote on Instagram. “By the time I got up to West Lancs it was [late]. Had a bit of dinner and fell asleep at 10.30/11pm.

    “At 1am, the fire alarm went off and we had to go stand outside for an hour or so. I eventually got back to sleep around 5.30am for a 6am alarm, which I slept thru, but fortunately my caddy woke me up…I felt completely dizzy and out of it all day.”

    Referencing social media reaction to his result, Horsfield added: “Don’t listen to the propaganda out there against LIV players by some of these pages. Hope this clears things up. See you guys in Valderamma next week.”

    Horsfield explained the reason behind his problems at West Lancashire(Image: Richard Martin-Roberts/R&A/R&A via Getty Images)

    The 28-year-old, who joined the LIV tour in 2022, made his first appearance at the Open last year but will not return this time. However, there will be 19 LIV golfers at Portrush, including three who earned their spots through the qualifying events.

    Fellow LIV star Lucas Herbert had a different experience to Horsfield at West Lancashire. The Australian topped the leaderboard after carding eight-under to claim one of the five qualifying spots.

    Dean Burmester was another who clinched a spot at the Open through the qualifying events on Tuesday. The 36-year-old recorded an impressive 10-under at Royal Cinque Ports in Kent, finishing with a four-shot lead.

    Meanwhile, Lee Westwood will return to the Open for the first time since 2022 after registering seven-under at Dundonald Links. The English golfer twice finished runner-up at the major in 2010 and 2016. Westwood also finished T4 when the Open was last held at Portrush.

    Horsfield will not be joining Lee Westwood at the Open Championship(Image: David Cannon/Getty Images)

    “I’ve always said it’s the greatest championship in golf and as a British player you get phenomenal support,” he told reporters. “I really enjoyed Portrush last time. I finished fourth and played nicely.

    “I’m just looking forward to enjoying the week at Portrush. Seeing a few old friends and enjoying that golf course. For me, it’s in the top three links courses in the British Isles.”

    Majesticks GC team-mates Horsfield and Westwood will be in action at LIV Andalucia next Friday. The Open Championship tees off at Portrush on July 17.

    Keep Reading

    Tiger Woods Makes Golf Fan $284K Richer on TOUR Championship Sunday Despite Career Break

    HOT NEWS: Tiger Woods’ Mansion on Jupiter Island: A Closer Look at the Golf Legend’s Secluded Retreat

    Tommy Fleetwood no longer has to worry about his unwanted £18.5million prize money record

    PORTLAND CLASSIC SHOCK! Nelly Korda declared: “I will come back and destroy all opponents!”

    The PGA Tour has officially broken its silence! The organization has decided to sanction Robert MacIntyre following controversial allegations of cheating and defamation of Scottie Scheffler at the 2025 BMW Championship. This is considered a tough move, sending a clear message that the PGA Tour will not tolerate any behavior that affects the reputation and transparency of the tournament.

    PGA CHAOS Erupts! USGA President Mike Whan has finally spoken out, standing by Scottie Scheffler amid the furor at the BMW Championship 2025. In a stunning decision, Whan stressed that “insults and abusive behavior have no place in elite golf,” and fined Robert MacIntyre a hefty sum for publicly humiliating Scheffler — sending shockwaves through the global golfing world.

    Sport

    Tiger Woods Makes Golf Fan $284K Richer on TOUR Championship Sunday Despite Career Break

    27/08/2025By tl-team
    Sport

    HOT NEWS: Tiger Woods’ Mansion on Jupiter Island: A Closer Look at the Golf Legend’s Secluded Retreat

    27/08/2025By tl-team
    Sport

    Tommy Fleetwood no longer has to worry about his unwanted £18.5million prize money record

    27/08/2025By tl-team
    Sport

    PORTLAND CLASSIC SHOCK! Nelly Korda declared: “I will come back and destroy all opponents!”

    26/08/2025By tl-team
    • Home
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    © 2025

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.